Friday 8 July 2011

Book Review: Twilight by Stephanie Meyer


Synopsis by Goodreads
Title: Twilight
Author: Stephanie Meyer
Publication Date: October 5th, 2005
Publisher: Little, Brown and Company

Isabella Swan's move to Forks, a small, perpetually rainy town in Washington, could have been the most boring move she ever made. But once she meets the mysterious and alluring Edward Cullen, Bella's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn. Up until now, Edward has managed to keep his vampire identity a secret in the small community he lives in, but now nobody is safe, especially Bella, the person Edward holds most dear. The lovers find themselves balanced precariously on the point of a knife—between desire and danger. Deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful, Twilight captures the struggle between defying our instincts and satisfying our desires. This is a love story with bite.

My Review

I was waay behind in reading the Twilight Saga. I'd always pass by it at the bookstore, but I've ignored it because I've already watched the movie. I must say that I was glad to buy it even if it was on an impulse because honestly, I fell in love with the book. It is true that I have heard and read a lot of negative reviews on it, but I cant grasp why? Cuz I honestly do love the book.. maybe I'm weird *sigh*


Here goes my veerrry simple review, not too detailed :P


I've watched the movie before reading the book and I loved it.
When I read it, I fell in love with the book and it was way better than the movie. In the movie, u may not know how Bella truly feels, so it was really nice to read all about it. Kristen Stewart was not able to perfectly portray Belaa from the book. As far as I understand, Bella from the book was kind of perky and clumsy, while Bella from the movie did not show any hint of clumsiness "probably just once in an unnoticable scene where she fell on the ground before reaching her car", so it would be recommended to read it even if u've watched the movie.
I was intrigued by Bella and Edward in the book; their relationship was just magnificent (But I can also say that Edward was TOO perfect, which probably can be a setback).
What I also liked more about the book is that it focuses more into the other characters. Everyone has a detailed history which can be an interest to some readers.
Another thing I loved is that Alice is so sweet, she cares a lot about Bella and Edward which is so cute.
The other reason I love this book is that because it was my first Y/A book and iit made me fall in love with reading again :D


4/5
Xoxo Meera

No comments:

Post a Comment