Sunday 24 July 2011

Book Review: Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer (Twilight Saga #4)


Synopsis from Goodreads
Title: Breaking Dawn
Author: Stephanie Meyer
Publication Date: 2nd of August, 2008
Publisher: Atom

When you loved the one who was killing you, it left you no options. How could you run, how could you fight, when doing so would hurt that beloved one? If your life was all you had to give, how could you not give it? If it was someone you truly loved?
To be irrevocably in love with a vampire is both fantasy and nightmare woven into a dangerously heightened reality for Bella Swan. Pulled in one direction by her intense passion for Edward Cullen, and in another by her profound connection to werewolf Jacob Black, a tumultuous year of temptation, loss, and strife have led her to the ultimate turning point. Her imminent choice to either join the dark but seductive world of immortals or to pursue a fully human life has become the thread from which the fates of two tribes hangs.
Now that Bella has made her decision, a startling chain of unprecedented events is about to unfold with potentially devastating, and unfathomable, consequences. Just when the frayed strands of Bella's life-first discovered in Twilight, then scattered and torn in New Moon and Eclipse—seem ready to heal and knit together, could they be destroyed... forever?
The astonishing, breathlessly anticipated conclusion to the Twilight Saga, Breaking Dawn illuminates the secrets and mysteries of this spellbinding romantic epic that has entranced millions

My Review
I'm so glad I read this book before the movie that will come out on November 2011! After reading Breaking Dawn, I can't wait to see how it turns out on the screens because I expect it to be EPIC!


My Thoughts:
I can't believe I'm done with the series. I don't understand why many people hated this book saying that it shouldn't even exist. I say ignore those comments as this book was fantastic. It wraps everything up pretty well, and I actually did not anticipate that, so it made me thrilled to know that everyone ends up being happy. 
Everything changed to the better; Bella isn't whiny anymore nor a damsel in distress! which of course all of you will be ecstatic about that.
I did not want the story to end; I was literally sad... and I wanted more things to develop.
I'm also glad that the romance between Bella and Edward wasn't so gooey the whole time.. just at the beginning of the book though.


Overall, in Breaking Dawn, you get to see how strong a family bond can get, and it is important to know that this kind of bond cannot be easily broken.


Love love love the Twilight Saga... I know that there are many haters out there, but it was still the series that made me fall in love with reading again! I'm so sad that the saga ended, but also happy it ended pretty well! Stephanie Meyer.. I LOVE YOU for creating a magnificent series!
5/5
Xoxo Meera

No comments:

Post a Comment