Monday 18 July 2011

Book Review: Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer (Twilight Saga #3)

Synopsis from Goodreads


Title: Eclipse
Author: Stephanie Meyer
Publication Date: January 1st, 2007
Publisher: Atom


As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob—knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?


My Review

Since everyone knows pretty much about the Twilight Saga and  Eclipse, it would be sensible of me not to write what the plot is all about. I know am way behind the bandwagon on this, but here are some of my thoughts about the book.

This was my least favorite among the first two books. However, it did make me smile at certain parts. The ending was cute and cheerful; Alice was so cute with her enthusiasm and I am glad that everything worked out well in this book. Of course, Jacob is still my favorite character with all his goofiness and silliness; as usual, he did break my heart at times. As for Edward, he was a bit cheesy at times where he keeps on and on saying that Bella is his soul, life, and heart "You are my only Bella" yada yada... *EEEeeshh*.. this can be sweet, but it was too much in the book it made me cringe. Still, I like him to be with Bella, they do suit each other, and their relationship is kindda sweet. Of course it would be great! only if their romance could be toned down a bit. I believe that Eclipse was just an extra book; it did not complete the story at all, just some parts...
Other than the cheesiness, I was not a big fan of flashbacks, and this did store a lot of it.. with Rosalie, Jasper, and the Wolves.

I still love the twilight saga that is why I still gave it a 3/5 :D

PS. Even though Edward was too gooey, am still rooting for Team Edward :P

No comments:

Post a Comment