Friday 8 July 2011

Book Review: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games #1)


Synopsis by Goodreads


Title: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Publication Date: September 14th, 2008
Publisher: Scholastic
In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. 

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister's place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before—and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.

My Review

When I saw this book at the library, I told myslef I'll get it cuz I've heard a lot of positive reviews on it, but at the same time I wasn't expecting much.
Well, I was wrong...Woow, just as I read the first sentence, or the first chapter to be more precise :P, it is absolutely amazing it just captivated me.
The action was really realy good and I truly felt their anger and the unfairness of the laws. I teared up a bit because it is just UNFAIIIIR!!

Katniss, the main character, is an unexpectedly strong girl. Her sense of survival and her love for her lil sister Prim just amazes me... as of now, she is my most favorite character of all the books I've read. At some parts of the book, she just surprises me with her kisk-ass strength; the action was memorable. Suzanne Collins truly created an amazing world of action and suspense.:D
Peeta was kindda okay, but when Katniss is in danger, he becomes this super sweet young man :D. (I loved him)
Cinna, Katniss's stylist, uhh! I just want to be his best friend, he is soo sweet.
At the beginning, I hated Haymitch, Katniss's and Peeta's mentor at the hunger games, but as the story progresses, I started loving him sooo much.
Well, overall it is a great book and believe me, you would find it hard to put it down as much as i did. The writing style is perfect and it just flows easily. I recommend it to everyone.

I can't wait to read Catching Fire !!!


5/5
Xoxo Meera

No comments:

Post a Comment