Tuesday 2 August 2011

General: August books that I can't wait to get my hands on

Hello Book Geeks :)
There are many amazing books that are released or going to be released on the month of August 2011. I can't wait to have them added to my collection and devour them; the covers and the stories are all captivating. I don't know if I'll buy any book anytime soon, but if I do, I'll make sure to own the books that are going to be mentioned in this post. I'll try to do this segment every month in which I state the books I would love to have (like a month's wishlist). Most of the books are going to be of the Young Adult genres because they are what I mostly tend to read , so expect a lot of those. HOWEVER, I do read some adult books, so don't worry about not seeing any at all in my collection.

  • The first book is Bloodline by Richelle Mead (Bloodline #1)

It's a new series by her in which some characters of the Vampire Academy series are continued in this, which is lovely. I haven't finished reading Vampire Academy, but I'm happy to know that it won't definitely end, just that the protagonist won't be Rose anymore. However, this is the book the I mostly anticipate and pine for among the other August books. This book is different than Vampire Academy in the sense that it focuses more into the human world rather than the vampire.. Hence, the main character is sent to an academy in the human world, which seems interesting enough! 
The cover is not really a favorite, but acceptable.

  • The second book is The Near Witch by Victoria Shwab
This can be a creepy book. It's mostly about finding the missing children. Obviously, from the title, there is a witch involved.  An old story is being told to  children in order to scare them, if I'm not wrong, about a witch being lonely and looking for company. However, this story becomes true, and children do actually disappear from their beds.. and the main characters have to find them and find out the reasons why. I adore this cover with the purple hair, white dress, and clear drapes. Oh and it's a debut novel.


The other two, I do not know much about, but their covers captivated me.



  • Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake (Anna Dressed in Blood #1)
Wow look at the cover.. this is my favorite of the month of August... and the title, WOW!.. I really want this book; it is definitely on my wishlist!






  • Possession by Gretchen McNeil
I've seen this in many other blogs, so I got interested :P and this cover is ranked # 2






That is all.. thnx for reading
Xoxo Meera

No comments:

Post a Comment