Friday 27 January 2012

Book Review: Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

Synopsis from Goodreads
Title: Infinite Days (Vampire Queen #1)
Author: Rebecca Maizel
Pulication Date: August 10, 2010
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin

"Throughout all my histories, I found no one I loved more than you...no one."

Those were some of Rhode's last words to me. The last time he would pronounce his love. The last time I would see his face.

It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste. Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust.

I never expected to fall in love with someone else that wasn't Rhode. But Justin was... daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream. I never expected to be sixteen again... then again, I never expected my past to come back and haunt me...



My Review
How can I put this, when I started this book, the pace was very slow and boring, but, it all changes towards the end. Also, I was absolutely not feeling the chmistry between Lenah and Justin.

I did not like Justin; he was a bit off for me. His relationship with Lenah is not very amusing. I did not get to see their relationship build up into something wonderful; instead, it was too quick and unrealistic. There wasn't anything special between them! which actually contributed to the "boringness" of the story.

On the brighter side, though, this book holds one of the best endings I've ever read; it had an amazing climax. I really can't wait for the next book to come out.. I NEED to know what happens after the whole incident (read and u'll find out what I mean :P)! The ending actually gave the book a rating of 4 from me.. Rebecca Maizel really topped that.

What I also like about the book are Lenah's memories of her past vampire life. You could see how vicious vampires were, and not the holy ones that are now portrayed in most of the vampire books out there. Her life with the coven was a great read. I also looved reading about her relationship with Rhode "the person who turned her into a vampire". In that, I can say that their love towards each other was magical and sweet. I am team Rhode all the way.

Let us not forget about Tony, Lenah's best friend in her human days. Tony was a quite funny character. His friendship and loyalty to Lenah was one of the best!

Therefore, If you read this book, please stick to the end!
4/5
Xoxo Meera

No comments:

Post a Comment